Bishop of the Texas Louisiana Gulf Coast Synod, of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
October 7, 2010 at 8:31 am
Bishop, just some early morning thoughts and ponderings to your last 2 posts…this one and the Anne Rice comment…
1) Is this the ‘ancient-future’ movement you point to, which I think is valid, that so many others speak so unkindly of?
2) I thought Anne Rice was a smart woman. How is that she thinks people living on the planet with values from A-Z and even with the name ‘Christian’ attached to their name would always agree?
3) Somehow over two hundred centuries of quarrelling Christianity still pushes on.
4) Should Lutherans (as Brother Martin did in 1517) post a new 95 theses calling out new ministries and non-denoms for practices which are not authentic to the Christian movement?
5) Which leads to the last question… How is that we explain this Word of Truth to others and not be offensive to those listening in?
What a great time we live in. What a great opportunity we have as Christian leaders!
October 7, 2010 at 3:51 pm
2. I suspect it’s the nasty nature which belies a lack of spiritual maturity that put her off, and that made her comment resonate with me.
4. I think we’d be better served to point the finger at ourselves, and get our own house in order before casting stones at others.
5. We focus our message for those listening in first.
Comments are closed.
Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 508 other followers
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Connect with the Gulf Coast Synod
Blog at WordPress.com.