This event will discuss the cost savings of implementing immigration reform. As it turns out, doing the right thing is actually economically advantageous. Who knew?
Houston folks are welcome to pop in, 8-10 a.m. at the Rice Memorial Center Ballroom on the Rice University Campus. The event is free and includes a continental breakfast.
Moderated by Professor Stephen Klineberg from Rice University, the event will feature the following speakers:
- Business: Larry Kellner – Greater Houston Partnership and former CEO of Continental Airlines
- Social Services: Deacon Joe Rubio – Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
- Medical: David Lopez – Harris County Hospital District
- Education: Juliet Stipeche – HISD Board of Trustees
- Law Enforcement: Harris County Sheriff’s Department
‘When a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong.
‘The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself,
for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the LORD your God.
AJC’s Bridging America Task Force
Marcia and Mike Nichols – Immigration Summit Chairs
Steve Amstutz Dawn Lin
Alan Bernstein Jorge Mancilla
Deise Blankfeld Stan Marek
Bob Borochoff Rabbi Steve Morgen
Beto Cardenas Dr. Steve Murdock
Reverend Mike Cole Laura Perez-Boston
Most Reverend Joseph Fiorenza Bishop Mike Rinehart
The Honorable Charles Foster Dinesh Shah
Commissioner Sylvia Garcia Richard Shaw
Dr. Fena Garza Martin Siegel
Benito Juarez Daniel Stoecker
Dr. Stephen Klineberg John Wilburn