Using Bisquick gluten-free baking mix, this recipe makes good tasting, non-crumbly, and spongy gluten free bread perfect for communion.
Start with the original recipe on the back of the Bisquick Gluten Free box and make the following changes:
• 2 cups of Bisquick Gluten Free mix
• 1/3 cup of melted butter or vegetable oil
• 2/3 cup of milk
• 2 eggs
Optional: Add a little molasses to batter
• Heat oven to 400°F.
• In a large bowl, use a spoon to mix Bisquick with butter or oil, milk, and eggs until soft dough forms.
• Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
• Divide dough into five sections. Roll each dough ball in your hands and begin lightly flattening the ball. Place flattened dough onto the cookie sheet and continue to flatten into a round disc.
• Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.
◦ Optional: flip bread halfway through baking
• After cooling, you can place the communion bread into freezer bags and freeze.
• Defrost: Wrap individual bread in a wetted paper towel and warm for 10 second increments in the microwave.