1. Observe Refugee Sunday on one of the Sundays closest to World Refugee Day June 20. People can’t act until they’re aware. Awareness is both information and inspiration. https://www.lirs.org/refugee-sunday/
2. Become an AMMPARO Welcoming Congregation. https://www.elca.org/AMMPARO/
3. Join LIRS’ Circle of Welcome, a one-year commitment to partner with a local refugee resettlement agency and a refugee family. https://www.lirs.org/circle-of-welcome/
4. Hope for the Holidays: Congregations, groups, and individuals are encouraged to write/make and send cards to those held in detention centers during the holiday season.
5. Detention Visitation: Join a visitation ministry through LIRS or our partners on the ground around the country.
What Part of Legal Immigration Don’t You Understand?
The Refugee Resettlement Process
How congregations can welcome to migrants and refugees
Immigrants and Refugees: An address to the association of Lutheran teaching theologians, August 1, 2017
Understanding refugees and asylum-seekers
Refugee Sunday, near July 20.
Become an AAMPARO Welcoming Congregation
Join the LIRS Circle of Welcome, to partner with a local refugee resettlement organization and a refugee family