1. Observe Refugee Sunday on one of the Sundays closest to World Refugee Day June 20. People can’t act until they’re aware. Awareness is both information and inspiration. https://www.lirs.org/refugee-sunday/
2. Become an AMMPARO Welcoming Congregation. https://www.elca.org/AMMPARO/
3. Join LIRS’ Circle of Welcome, a one-year commitment to partner with a local refugee resettlement agency and a refugee family. https://www.lirs.org/circle-of-welcome/
4. Hope for the Holidays: Congregations, groups, and individuals are encouraged to write/make and send cards to those held in detention centers during the holiday season.
5. Detention Visitation: Join a visitation ministry through LIRS or our partners on the ground around the country.
Refugee Sunday, near July 20.
Join the LIRS Circle of Welcome, to partner with a local refugee resettlement organization and a refugee family